Choose your look, stay organized on the go and be productive across your devices
by Microsoft Corporation
With Microsoft Launcher, you can personalize your Android device to match your style with wallpapers, theme colors, icon packs and more. With a Microsoft account or work/school account, you can access your calendar, documents, and recent activities in your personalized feed. You can even open photos, docs and web pages on your Windows PC* to be productive across all your devices.
· People at your fingertips. Have your most important people at your fingertips. Pin contacts to your Home screen and place them anywhere on the Home screen, dock or in folders.
· Choose your look. Personalize the look and feel of your device by customizing your wallpaper, theme and accent colors, icon packs, gestures and more.
· Personalized feed. See your most important information at a glance like news, calendar events, docs, contacts and more in your personalized feed. You can even set your feed as your default Home.
· Continue on PC. Snap a pic on your phone and see it instantly on your Windows PC* or continue editing an Office 365 document on your PC by linking your phone with your Windows PC.
· Search the web and your phone in one place. Search the web or your files, apps, docs, messages and web results using Microsoft Launcher's universal search bar.
· Gesture customization. With deep customization for gestures, you can double tap to lock your phone, swipe up for app drawer and more.
*Continue on PC usage requires a Windows PC with the latest Windows Fall Creator's Update
**Requires a Microsoft family account and Android devices signed in with the same Microsoft Family account. Microsoft Launcher must be installed on both a parent’s device and a child’s device to ensure access to a child’s locations and app activities through Microsoft Launcher. Location setting, app usage setting on the child’s device, and Microsoft Family group setting must be enabled. Activity reporting features require Android 5.0+ on the child device.
*** Downloading Microsoft Launcher gives the option to replace the default launcher or to toggle between device launchers. Microsoft Launcher does not replicate the user’s PC home screen on the Android phone. Users must still purchase and/or download any new apps from Google Play. Requires Android 4.2 +.
|retrieve running apps|
|read your Web bookmarks and history|
|find accounts on the device|
|add or remove accounts|
|read your own contact card|
|read calendar events plus confidential information|
|add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge|
|read your contacts|
|modify your contacts|
|approximate location (network-based)|
|precise location (GPS and network-based)|
|read your text messages (SMS or MMS)|
|receive text messages (MMS)|
|receive text messages (SMS)|
|send SMS messages|
|directly call phone numbers|
|reroute outgoing calls|
|read call log|
|read the contents of your USB storage|
|modify or delete the contents of your USB storage|
|take pictures and videos|
|view Wi-Fi connections|
|read phone status and identity|
|view network connections|
|create accounts and set passwords|
|pair with Bluetooth devices|
|access Bluetooth settings|
|change network connectivity|
|connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi|
|expand/collapse status bar|
|full network access|
|close other apps|
|control Near Field Communication|
|run at startup|
|draw over other apps|
|use accounts on the device|
|prevent device from sleeping|
|modify system settings|
|set an alarm|
|download files without notification|
|update component usage statistics|
|adjust your wallpaper size|
|disable or modify status bar|
|modify secure system settings|
|read Home settings and shortcuts|
|write Home settings and shortcuts|
|read Home settings and shortcuts|
|receive data from Internet|