Reach anyone 1:1 or in groups by text message, video chat, or voice call
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
|find accounts on the device|
|add or remove accounts|
|read your own contact card|
|read your contacts|
|modify your contacts|
|approximate location (network-based)|
|precise location (GPS and network-based)|
|read your text messages (SMS or MMS)|
|receive text messages (MMS)|
|receive text messages (SMS)|
|send SMS messages|
|edit your text messages (SMS or MMS)|
|directly call phone numbers|
|reroute outgoing calls|
|read call log|
|read the contents of your USB storage|
|modify or delete the contents of your USB storage|
|take pictures and videos|
|view Wi-Fi connections|
|read phone status and identity|
|view network connections|
|create accounts and set passwords|
|read battery statistics|
|pair with Bluetooth devices|
|send sticky broadcast|
|change network connectivity|
|full network access|
|change your audio settings|
|control Near Field Communication|
|read sync settings|
|run at startup|
|draw over other apps|
|prevent device from sleeping|
|toggle sync on and off|
|read Google service configuration|
|download files without notification|
|receive data from Internet|