Free, offline+offroad navigation with Indian Grid System, GEOREF, MGRS & UTM/UPS
by Deep Pradhan
Deesha is a completely free and offline app which allows you to use your Android device (with location sensor, GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou etc) for off road navigation.
Major features of Deesha are:
• Displays location in Indian Grid System (with support for all Zones), MGRS (Military Grid Reference System) and UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator)/UPS (Universal Polar Stereographic), GEOREF (World Geographic Reference System) apart from Geodetic format/Longitude and Latitude (in either Decimal Degrees, Degree Decimal Minutes or Degree Minutes Decimal Seconds).
• Datums: For Indian Grid System - 'Indian (India, Nepal)' Datum will be used. For all other formats (i.e. Geographic, GEOREF, MGRS and UTM) - 'WGS84 (World Geodetic System 1984)' Datum will be used.
• Navigation to saved Waypoints, specified locations, Photo GeoTag and shared locations.
• Map View with panning and zooming option, displaying device Waypoints, own position and Grid Overlay. Also map images (PNG & JPEG format) can be configured to be displayed. Optionally Google Map based maps can also be used.
• Waypoints support, with option of export to/import from, CSV/GPX/KML file.
• Area & Perimeter calculation, with option to save defined area to KML file.
• Conversion between supported location formats and Batch Conversion.
• GeoTag a captured photograph. Deesha will also register to open JPEG files to read any Exif location tags.
• Projection from a location to another location.
• Satellites Information for GNSS (Global Navigation Satellites System) and SBAS (Satellites Based Augmentation System) satellites. Also, A-GPS data management and Satellite derived high accuracy time.
• Sun and Moon information for specified location and time.
• Sharing/Copying of locations - current, saved (Waypoint), converted and projected location.
• Support for Shared locations.
• Trip Computer.
• Computation of location is non dependent on availability of internet/mobile network. However, availability of a network may lead to a shorter time to first fix on devices with A-GPS (Assisted GPS).
• App works totally offline (without use of both internet and mobile network) by default - app has no permission to access both internet and mobile network.
• Internet is only used after installing 'Deesha Internet Extension' for using Google Maps - app given additional permission only for internet.
|read your contacts|
|approximate location (network-based)|
|precise location (GPS and network-based)|
|access extra location provider commands|
|receive text messages (SMS)|
|read the contents of your USB storage|
|modify or delete the contents of your USB storage|
|prevent device from sleeping|
|read Google service configuration|