Be Red Cross Ready
by Canadian Red Cross Society
House fires, floods, power outages, and even catastrophic earthquakes – whatever the disaster, the official Canadian Red Cross BeReady app gives users instant access to the information needed in order to prepare for different emergency situations and to take action when a disaster strikes.
Working closely with the Weather Network, the app features an alert system and the ability to monitor and track weather developments, allowing users to prepare their homes and families for disasters.
• Receive geo-targeted notifications for a range of hazards.
• Practical and useful preparedness information for a range of disasters and emergencies.
• Access to in-app information anytime, anywhere even without reception or an internet connection.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and colleagues.
• Toolkit with additional features e.g. flashlight, strobe, and siren.
|read your contacts|
|approximate location (network-based)|
|precise location (GPS and network-based)|
|read the contents of your USB storage|
|modify or delete the contents of your USB storage|
|take pictures and videos|
|view Wi-Fi connections|
|view network connections|
|full network access|
|run at startup|
|prevent device from sleeping|
|read Google service configuration|
|receive data from Internet|